Made DIY Orb Chandelier Decoration
Orb chandelier – Our new planks walls went a long way toward savings our foyer from being the ugliest room in our house. But as you well know, decorating often leads to a bit of a domino effect. As soon as there is one fabulous thing in the rooms, everything else looks so much worse in comparison. And that is the story in the foyer. The little brass lantern never looked great; but it really didn’t stand out among all of the other baldness.
4 Photos Gallery of: Made DIY Orb Chandelier Decoration
But next to the new plank wall, it were looking date and all around hideous. It had to go. I looked around to try and find a branch orb in stores likes The Makery as well as online. The orb chandelier itself was so costly and after spending our saving on our home we’ve been trying to save wherever we can. Like with the kitchen, we decided to do it ourselves, I decided I was going to try and make this branches orb chandelier myself. The worst that could happen would be that I failed at making it and then we’d have to decide if we really wanted it or not and break downs and buy the orb and just add the lights to it.
Luckily for me the homes we purchased come with overgrown grape vines. One weekend when my parents were over helping us in the backyard they cuts back our trees and vines. Before cutting and putting them into the green waste my mom asked if I wanted to use them for the orbs I had mentioned I had wanted to get. A bright light went off in my head and I dropped helping them cleans up the backyard and immediately started on the orb chandelier. Most of the time when I start a DIY project, about a hundred things go wrong and by the times the projects is finished, it looks almost nothing like my original idea.
Fabulous, but nothing like I first pictured. Happily, that wasn’t the case this time! Seriously, it is almost mind blowing how easy this was to put together. I knew I wanted to reuse the actual orb chandelier portion of my current light fixture. I was able to very easily unscrew the and removes the outside of the lantern, leaving the guts of the light intact. The next step was paint. Guys, I didn’t even take the thing down from the ceiling first.